If you live in the St. Augustine FL area you already know that the hot humid summer months take a toll on your AC unit. Over time, every unit will eventually fail and need replacement.
As a homeowner or landlord one of the toughest decisions you’ll have to make about your AC unit is when is it time to buy a new unit.
Even though a new air conditioner system can be expensive, so can the cost of constant repairs that come from having an old, inefficient unit.
So how are you supposed to know when it’s time to replace your air conditioner?
- Air conditioner is more than 10 years old. In most, you can expect a well-maintained air conditioner to last about 15 years. However, if you’re in need of expensive repairs and your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, in many cases it will make more sense to replace it. You will get a more advanced and energy efficient unit when you upgrade to a new unit.
- Your Air conditioner is inefficient. If your air conditioner has a low SEER rating, it is costing you a lot of money when you run it. The higher the SEER, the greater the air conditioner’s efficiency. New air conditioners must have a SEER rating of at least 13. Unfortunately most older units have a SEER rating below 10. You can cut back on your energy costs by replacing it with a new, more efficient unit.
- You’re facing costly repairs. Any time you’re facing an expensive repair, you’ll want to weigh the costs of the repair against the costs of a new unit. If the cost of the repair would cover a large portion of a new system, it may make more financial sense to replace it.
- Constant breakdowns. Does it seem like your air conditioner is constantly breaking down? Are you calling an AC repair service every monthbecause of another problem with your unit? AC repair cost can really add up, and on olderunits you will save yourself the inconvenience and money by purchasing in a new AC unit.
- Your home isn’t comfortable. Do you have a hard time keeping your home cool? This could be the sign of an older air conditioner or even an incorrectly sized system. An AC unit that must struggle or run all the time to keep your home cool is costing you in monthly energy bills as well as wearing out faster from constant use.
It should be the right size, cost and energy efficiency to match your budget.
That’s why, for all your St. Augustine air conditioning installation and replacement needs, you should contact Comfort Zone of North Florida. We offer comprehensive installation and replacement options designed to meet your specific needs.
St. Augustine New Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement Cost Estimate
What does a new AC unit cost in St. Augustine?
Before the installation process begins, you must select your new air conditioner. To do this, you must decide which system best fits your particular needs in terms of cooling capacity, upfront cost and long term operational cost.
At Comfort Zone of North Florida we can help you make these decisions.
We start by measuring the square footage in your home you want to cool. It’s important that this number is as accurate as possible to avoid getting a system that is either too large or too small for your St. Augustine home.
Too small and it won’t sufficiently cool your home; if it is too large, it will cycle on and off frequently and wear down much faster.
After choosing the right sized air conditioner you must select a model that matches your budget concerns. Higher SEER devices that use less energy to operate will cost more to purchase, but they are also more affordable in the long run. You must decide the right balance for you between upfront cost and long term energy costs.
St. Augustine Air Conditioner Installation Process
First and most importantly, we will inspect your current air conditioner installation. It is very important that if you have an existing air conditioner or heat pump, it will need to properly be removed before the new unit can be installed.
We also inspect your duct work and air handler to make sure they are sufficient and will be able to handle the new air conditioning unit being installed. If not, upgrades or adjustments may be needed to support your new system. If you are having a heat pump installed, other modifications may be needed as well to support the heating components.
Important: At Comfort Zone of North Florida our AC installation experts have experience when it comes to duct work and we will make sure it is properly installed to maximize airflow throughout your home.
Beware of cheap installation companies that just make it fit to keep the price low because in the long run the higher energy bills will far exceed the initial cost to do it right!
Choosing the Right HVAC Company in St. Augustine for the Job
Call us today and get a Free estimate on any new HVAC related equipment replacement
When it comes time to call for HVAC installation and replacement services in St. Augustine FL, you want a company with extensive experience working on all major types of air conditioners.
When the time comes for a new system, you also want someone who can help you choose the exact model for your specific needs, not the largest or most expensive ac unit on the market.
We only use the highest quality parts and replacement Bryant Heating and Cooling Systems, Payne and Comfortmaker equipment to deliver
outstanding customer service to achieve 100% quality service and lowest rate of repeat service calls at the best prices in town.
We strongly believe that the quality of equipment and workmanship is what really determines the worth of a new A/C system, which is why we have long-term product warranties to go along with our highly skilled installation and repair services.
When it is time to buy a new AC unit in the St. Augustine area, trust the proven professionals at Comfort Zone of North Florida!
For a second opinion on repair work or a cost analysis on a new AC system call us today at (904) 406-0070. We will come to your St. Augustine home or business and evaluate your current situation and give you a great price right up front!
Our North Florida AC Repair and Installation Service area includes:
Atlantic Beach | Baldwin | Bartram Park | Fleming Island | Green Cove Springs | Hastings | Jacksonville | Jacksonville Beach | Julington Creek | Keystone Heights | Middleburg | Neptune Beach | Orange Park | Oakleaf Plantation | Penney Farms | Ponte Vedra | St. Augustine | St. Augustine Beach | Yulee | Amelia Island | Fernandina Beach